Shirley Homes and the Lithuanian Case

 Book Review:

     This week I read Shirley Homes and the Lithuanian Case. When I found this book, I couldn't imagine the story because I didn't understand the words like "Shirley" or "Lithuanian". However through reading this book I could gradually understand. "Shirley" was a lady's name who is private investigator and "Lithuanian" is one of the race.(After reading, I searched only this word and knew it means リトアニア人) I thought without finding the word's meanings during reading the book is looks useless, but to do so we can spread imagine and it's meaningful. A paper which professor Yoshii posted is also showed extensive reading without finding out the meaning is important. Therefore I will try the way of reading in this class.


     Now I'll write about the story if this book. One day a woman came to the office of Shirley Homes. The woman asked her to find her daughter. According to the mother her daughter went her home without letter because she was disagreed with her boyfriend from father. Her boyfriend was Lithuanian and the father dislike it. Therefore Shirley tried to find her by using many ways and finally she found the daughter. The daughter's name is Carrie. Carrie said "I don't want to go back to my home." Actually the mother asked her to just find her and make her send mail to mother because the father also said "I don't want to meet Carrie again." Therefore Shirley asked to send mail to mother to Carrie and she agreed. Everything looked finish. However Shirley went to place that Carrie is living and met her boyfriend. Actually he is so kind man. He has hoped Carrie go back to home and get along with her family. 

     Moreover Shirley went to the family's house nevertheless the mother said "Please don't tell this to my husband." Firstly the husband surprised and got angry to his wife. Then Shirley talked about the good man and suggested to meet him and Carrie. Therefore they met and could made up. At first Carrie argued with her father, but the boyfriend played a good role. Actually the father was worried about Carrie and he likes her. He hasn't thought don't want to meet his daughter it was just his lie. 

     I was glad to know the father's mind and thought family have strong bond. This book was so interesting for me. I thought perhaps this one was no.1 or 2 in the books which I read, so I borrowed other book of Shirley Homes' series. I'm looking forward to read it!


     Thank you.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Slam Dunk for Mark

GOODBYE MR HOLLYWOOD

'Who, Sir? Me, Sir?'