San Francisco

 Oct 9, 2020  


      Hello everyone. I'm a member of KANGOL and I read "San Francisco" so I'll talk about the book.

     Of course this book was written about San Francisco, but it included not only explanation of the features but also the history of Golden Gate or cultural foods. Therefore I thought this book is good for studying about society. 

     There are three my favorite phrases in the book, so I'll quote them and explain about it. (By using the page number, everyone can find the phrases.) The first one is: They talked about 'mountains of gold' in California and the famous Californian 'gold rush' began!(p.9) This phrase made me exciting because I think the 'gold rush' is like a dream. I also want to find some golds with my own hands. The second one is: Over 200,000 men, women, and children came from all over the city and walked across the new bridge.(p.24) In this phrase "the new bridge" means Golden Gate Bridge. Of course I know about the bridge, but I didn't know how many people came here at the open. Therefore I was surprised about the number when I read this part. The last one is: When you are very hungry it is the best dinner in the world!(p.38) "it" means clam chowder in sourdough bread. I didn't know about the food so I thought I want to try it. Firstly I thought the expression of this phrase is exaggerated, but if it's true, I want to eat it. 

      In this book there are another interesting stories. For example about the Museum, parades, Alcatraz Island and so on. As for the island it was prison before, so you can watch the state still now. It may scary, but to go there I think we can feel something important like the history. Actually I like mystery story, so I'm interested in the island. I think there are few places we can watch the room easily.

      I recommend this book to everyone because this one includes some beautiful pictures and less difficult words. Moreover the level of this book is 1. If you find your favorite pictures, or phrases I want you to tell me!:) Thanks to this book, I could get a lot of information about San Francisco with fun nevertheless I don't like histories. Therefore I think you can also get a lot of things. Through reading this book, I thought someday I want to travel there. If it comes true, I want to go to Golden Gate and eat clam chowder in sourdough bread at first.


Thank you for reading!

コメント

  1. this book was written about San Francisco
    this book is about San Francisco

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Slam Dunk for Mark

GOODBYE MR HOLLYWOOD

'Who, Sir? Me, Sir?'