The Man in the Iron Mask

Book Review:

      This week I read The Man in the Iron Mask(2005). When I finished reading this book, I was surprised because there are few scenes appear the iron mask. I have thought the mask become the important thing, but it’s not. This book was different from my idea, but I thought interesting. Let me introduce three quotes which I chose. The first one is: ‘The sun visits me every day. It comes through my small window. At night, I look at the stars. Am I free, Bishop?’ This is the phrase of a young man. He was in the prion since he was a boy regardless he was no crime. Aramis who is a man wanted him to be free, because actually the young man was brother of king. So Aramis asked him “Do you want to be free?” and the young man replied the phrase. I thought what is free and what is happiness. If the man have thought he is happy, he isn’t unhappy even if he looked poor. Moreover I thought the thinking how to understand is important. The second one is: Louis’ face and hair were the same as Philippe’s. The young man who I have written at first one’s name is Philippe. And this scene shows he and the king(his brother) met for the first time. When I read this scene, I was surprised because they were so alike. I could see them with pictures. I want everyone to see the picture, maybe everyone think “Is there a mirror?” The last one is: Aramis heard his friend’s last cry of pain. The friend is Philippe and this scene means he was died. They were fighting with enemies and they tried a bomb, then Philippe died because he couldn’t escape there. I also felt sad, when I read this phrase. I wanted him to next king. But I learned these unpredictable situation made the book more interesting.

      If you know about who were the enemies, please read this book you’ll understand. This book was little long and took time. But it wasn’t difficult and maybe everyone can read this with exciting.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Slam Dunk for Mark

GOODBYE MR HOLLYWOOD

'Who, Sir? Me, Sir?'