The Black Tulip


May 14, 2020
Book Review:

The Black Tulip(2005)


              This week I read The Black Tulip. This book has 9567words and 63pages, but I could read it   smoothly because the contents was interesting and less of difficult words. Now I will write three quotes which I chose and will discuss about them.

      The first one is “One morning, he heard a girl’s voice outside his cell.”(p.35) “He” means Cornelius Van Baerle and the voice was Rosa’s. Cornelius Van Baerle loves Rosa and she loves him. But because of the place, they couldn’t meet for a long time. So I was happy when I read this sentences, and found they could meet.

     The second one is “‘And now the bud is...BLACK!’”(p.47)This is the phrase of Rosa’s. She grow a seed for him because he is in cell. In the story black tulip is the important because if some one grow it, she(he) can get 100000guiders. Cornelius Van Baerle made the seed. but actually he wasn’t interested in guiders because he was rich. He made it because he loves tulips. So the phrase made him happy and exiting. I also became exciting because I wanted the seed to be a black tulip soon.
 
       The last one is  “A few days later, Cornelius and Rosa got married.”(p.63) Their tulip was stolen by a man and they were disappointed but thanks to Rosa’s efforts they were admitted as a grower of the tulip. And after that they’re got married. I like the ending but I thought the man who stole the tulip was pity. Because he was poor and wanted to guiders. So I wanted Cornelius to give him it.

      This book was interesting for me. I want everyone to read this. This one has some pictures and easy to understand. If you find this book, please try to reading.

コメント

  1. After reading your blog, I felt the story sounds interesting. I thought Cornelius is a good parson. I have never seen black tulip. So, I want to see the flower if it is exsist in reality. I will read this book when I find it in the library. ( Haruna Katsuki)

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Slam Dunk for Mark

GOODBYE MR HOLLYWOOD

'Who, Sir? Me, Sir?'