TREASURE ISLAND


Book Review:

 

TREASURE ISLAND(2000)

 

      This week I read TREASURE ISLAND. It was thriller and adventure series. Now I write three quotes and will discuss about them. The first one is: I asked him what he wanted and he said, ‘I’ll take a glass of rum.’(p.05) This sentence means “he” loves rum. The “he” is a seaman and “I” is a boy (Jim Hawkins). Unfortunately later the seaman die by the amounts of drinking and Jim felt sad. From this part I thought Jim have liked him. Second one is: Perhaps every man in the crew was now a pirates!(p.30) When Jim was in barrel, he thought so because he could hear some talking. And this part made me surprising. The last one is: I will never return to Treasure Island, but in my worst dreams I still hear the sharp, high scream of Captain Flint the parrot: ‘Piece of eight! Piece of eight!(p.73) This sentence appear the last of this book. Actually I didn’t know the meaning because this book was little difficult for me, but when I read this, I thought the treasure finished completely.

 

      This book was good for extensive reading. But there are many people in the book, so uneasy to understand. I confused many times. Moreover to read this takes a lot of times because it has many pages. However I recommend this for people who like adventure series and want to read many words.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Slam Dunk for Mark

GOODBYE MR HOLLYWOOD

'Who, Sir? Me, Sir?'