The House in the Picture and Abbot Thomas' Treasure


 

Book Review:



The House in the Picture and Abbot Thomas’ Treasure(1998)
 

      This week I read is The House in the Picture and Abbot Thomas’ Treasure. There are two short stories. This is written horror in orange book, but I thought strange stories. About this book, I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them. The first one is: ‘That is strange! I didn’t see it before,’ (p. 13) When I read this phrase, I was surprised. Because it means a picture was changed nevertheless it was finished and no one add anything. It’s so strange.. isn’t it? The second is: ‘I want to remove all the black paint from the three windows,’ (p. 40) This is second stories’ phrase. I thought Mr. Somerton (an archeologist) is clever, because when he removed it blue writing appeared. And the last is: “The guardian is sleeping. Do not wake him.” When Somerton went to well, he was attacked someone actually it was a guardian. He had thought it is dead already so he was surprised and feel frightened.

 

      I want to recommend this book. There are two reasons. First we can read this easily, because there are few difficult words. In addition there are some pictures. Second the stories are so interesting. This book is thick and little hard to read all, but I could read soon. The reason why is the stories are good for me. I recommend this book especially a person who like mystery or strange stories.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Slam Dunk for Mark

GOODBYE MR HOLLYWOOD

'Who, Sir? Me, Sir?'