THE WITCHES OF PENDLE


 

Book Review:

 

THE WITCHES OF PENDLE (2000)

 

This week I read THE WITCH OF PENDLE. This book is a strange story. I liked this story because it made me exciting. I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them. The first one is: ‘Twenty years ago, I met the Devil,’ Heroine’s grand mother told this phrase. Actually except the heroine(Jennet Device) her family was all witches. When I read this phrase first, I was surprised. The second is: “Roger Nowell looked at me with his warm brown eyes.” He helped Device from bad house. And gradually she became happy. The last is: “I can never be free of them.” Them means her family. After Roger Nowell died, she was locked in prison nevertheless she is not a witch. I was sad when I read the last. But on the whole this book was interesting for me.

 

      I want to recommend this book. There are two reasons. First, this story is real and interesting to read. Second, there are many words, but pictures, too. So I think easy to read. Last ten pages are glossary and activities, it means actually reading part is less. We can read many words at less times.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Slam Dunk for Mark

GOODBYE MR HOLLYWOOD

'Who, Sir? Me, Sir?'