Sherlock Holmes THE BLUE DIAMOND


I read a book which is Sherlock Holmes THE BLUE DIAMOND. Because I like mystery. When I found this book, I thought this is about thief who stole a blue diamond. It was true, but I was surprised when I read one phrase.
‘No, Mr Holmes. My wife found this in the bird!’
Actually the blue diamond was found from a stomach of a goose. Holmes was surprised, too. The diamond was small, but it was too expensive. Holmes and his friend Watson started to thinking about criminal who stole the diamond and why he put in it at stomach of the bird.

‘Ah, yes. But those geese weren’t our geese. They came from a man with a little shop in Covent Garden. Breckinridge is his name.’
Holmes and Watson went to a shop which sells geese. But the owner said “I bought geese from Covent Garden.” So they went to there but Covent Garden’s owner said “I bought geese from Mrs O.” They thought to solve this mystery is difficult. Suddenly a man came to Covent Garden, actually he is a thief. His name is Ryder.

‘And now, Watson, let’s ask Mrs Hudson to bring in our dinner.’
This is the last phrase of this book. This was said by Holmes. Why Ryder stole blue diamond? Why he put it in the stomach of goose? If you know these mysteries please read this book.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Slam Dunk for Mark

GOODBYE MR HOLLYWOOD

'Who, Sir? Me, Sir?'