About my favorite book series





I introduce about my favorite book series. It’s “Usborne Young Reading”. First I thought it’s too easy to read us, but when I read it I felt it’s interesting and there are many words than I thought. Usborne series have cute and beautiful pictures and words are big, so we can read it smoothly.

I wrote my favorite five books of the series. I want many people to read these books. They will think Usborne series are fun.


Rumpelstiltskin
“You have tonight to turn this straw to gold. If you fail, you shall die,”
This is the phrase of King’s. He made Anna sad, because he said to her so.  But she couldn’t and she was crying. Suddenly the little man came, and he helped her for get something from her. Anna was said to change straw to gold three times, but every time the little man helped. She was happy. However she had nothing to give the man. So he said to her “Then promise me your first born child,” and she said “I promise.” Next she could to be a queen, because the king recognized her talent. A year later, Anna gave birth to a beautiful boy. She loved him. But one dark winter day, the little man came back.

Can she protect her baby?

If you want to know the ending, please read this book.

Vocabulary
dazzle  目をくらます
chimney  煙突
plead  嘆願する



Usborne Publishing Ltd
発売日 : 2006-08-23
>





Sleeping Beauty
“You’re the price I drew!”
Rose said so. She is a beautiful princess. When her sixteen’s birthday party everyone in the castle fell asleep. Because Nightshade, a bad fairy put Rose curse when Rose was a baby. But fortunately she was rescued thanks to the prince. They fell in love and they became happy. Actually Rose drewed the prince’s face when she was a girl. I thought it’s so romantic. When she was a baby fairies casted spells. For example she will be doing at dancing and clever and so on. And it realized. So I am jealous. If I can be casted a spell, I’ll ask to be a beautiful face.

Vocabulary

adore  愛
chilling  冷え
cradle  ゆりかご




Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

The coffin slipped and the apple flew Snow White’s mouth.

It shows Snow White revived. When I read this phrase I was happy, but now I think I wanted her to kiss to prince. Because it’s the best scene of  Japanese “Princess of Snow White”. This book’s content was almost same of Japanese it. However there are some differences. For example witch was her mother and Snow White went cottage of dwarfs of her own power. And it was fun for me. I recommend this book for everyone, because there are many cute pictures. I thought Snow White is beautiful.

Vocabulary

dwarfs  小人
tangle  もつれ
cackle  おしゃべり






Hansel&Gretel

The walls were made from chunks of cake and the roof was glistening chocolate.
I thought I want to go to a house of sweets with my little brother, but I don’t want to meet a bad witch. After reading this book I thought I want Hansel, Greek and woodcutter to become happy. Because they suffered from stepmother. She was bad lady. In this book Hansel and Gretel looked sad many times, but they could solve problems of their own abilities so I felt they were so wise. This book’s YL is 1.4 and pages are 47.

Vocabulary

chunk  厚切れ、大きな塊
stepmother  継母(ままはは)
tummy  おなか






Stories of Mermaids
Every evening, she watched the humans whirling and spinning at the dance hall.

This book is consisted of three short stories. And this phrase is the last story’s.
Coral is a name of mermaid, and she is beautiful lady. She wanted to dance with her legs, so she asked Neptune to give her legs. He gave her its but he said “I will grant your wish for one week, then you must decide whether to keep your legs or your tail.” When she could dance of her own legs she was so happy. However to walk and to wear shoes is tough for her. In the world of people she fell in love with Dan. Dan liked her, too.
When Neptune came to Coral did she decide to keep her legs or not ? Please check it out.


Vocabulary

trident  三又の道具(槍)
tease  からかう


コメント

  1. Do you like fantasy stories?
    I don't expect that you are such a cute girl.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Slam Dunk for Mark

GOODBYE MR HOLLYWOOD

'Who, Sir? Me, Sir?'