The Truth Machine

“‘I love truth,’ said Professor Verity, ‘and I hate lies. I love good people and I hate bad people. I love peace and I hate war.”


Professor Verity could to make a truth machine. And he became famous through newspapers magazines and television. He decided to call three people who have some trouble and need to solve it by using the machine. Their names are Mrs Sheeker Inspector Sack and Dr Simple. All of them could solve their problem, but it led bad things. For example Mrs Sheeker lost her husband, Inspector Sack lost his job and Dr Simple became can’t comprehend what is true. So they got angry and they made Professor Verity accept the true machine. As a result they found he made it for his success money and power.


After reading this book I felt human is indulgence and greedy. I don’t want to be the adult like that.


Vocabulary

inspector  検察官
client  顧客






コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Slam Dunk for Mark

GOODBYE MR HOLLYWOOD

'Who, Sir? Me, Sir?'